So extremely proud of myself for making this without hardly any of the ingredients that were recommended in all of the ones I came across. I found several recipes that looked delicious on Face to the Book but I literally had partial or none of the ingredients. Most of the recipes called for sourdough bread (didn’t have it), half and half (didn’t have it), eggs (yup, I only had one egg), powder sugar (didn’t have it) and heavy whipping cream (didn’t have it either).
Being the true Struggle Cook that I am, I just had to make what I had work and hope that it would taste good.
What you will need:
- Handful of Strawberries
- Handful of Blueberries
- Cream Cheese
- Sandwich Bread
- Vanilla Extract
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Muffin Pan (I used a mini muffin pan)
Keep in mind that the mini’s worked out great for me since I didn’t have a lot or all of the ingredients. I didn’t measure the ingredients because I was experimenting but at least you get a gist of what I used. Think of this as the cooking videos on Facebook that show you what to do and use but never tell you how much.
What I did:
- Cracked my one egg into an all-in-one measuring cup to make it easier for pouring the ingredients into the muffin pan later
- Add milk, a dash of nutmeg, about a half cup of sugar, 2 dashes of cinnamon, a splash of vanilla extract and cream cheese to the egg in the measuring cup
- Mix all of the ingredients together thoroughly and sit aside
- Dice your strawberries up and set aside
- Tear the bread into bite-sized pieces and set aside
- Spray your muffin pan with the non-stick spray
- Insert your bite-sized pieces of bread into the muffin pan to where the tin is full but not overflowing
- Pour the egg mixture into the individual muffin holders on top of the bread (the bread will soak up the mixture)
- Add the diced strawberries and blueberries to the muffin pan
- Bake for 20 minutes on 350